Please follow the news!
Welcome to the Health Care homepage!
The Health Care Board is located in Gonsiori 29, Tallinn.
The Director General of the Health Care Board is Üllar Kaljumäe.
The Agency was formed on the basis of the Health Services Organization Act.
The Agency's areas of activity are:
- registration of healthcare workers;
issuance of activity licenses;
- exercising state supervision and
the application of national coercion to the Health Services Organization Act and other laws to the extent and according to the procedure;
- ambulance operations and emergency preparedness within the limits of their competence;
- making proposals for legal regulation of the field of activity;
- registration of occupational health care providers.
The departments of the Office and their main functions are:
1) Registry and Licensing Department - maintenance and analysis of healthcare professional and activity license registers; the registration procedure;
issuing of registration certificates and licenses;
2) Supervisory Department - supervision of the existence of the conditions required for granting an activity license to a person providing health care services and compliance with the conditions indicated in the activity license;
3) Department of Emergency Medicine - within the limits of its competence, providing emergency care and emergency preparedness;
4) Occupational Health Department - organization of the development and implementation of occupational health care development plans; an analysis of data on occupational diseases and work-related illnesses; organization of in-service training for occupational health care professionals;
5) legal department - legal counseling for management and structural units.
The Health Board officially began its activity on 2 January 2002.